Sunday, August 26, 2012

Into The Great Unknown

So the song that has been rolling around my head the past several days is a lovely song I heard on shuffle recently. I am not good at knowing titles of songs or remembering lyrics which I have always thought a little odd for someone who treasures words in general. But the sound of a song is what hooks me and I come into the words later if at all. So this song was familiar but I didn't really know the title. I woke up this morning and there it was again so I decided to look it up. The song is by Mary Fahl (this much I knew  already - and she is one of my all time favorite singers. If you are not familiar with her work, check her out!) called "Into The Great Unknown." Yesterday, I had an epiphany about the unknown. I was listening to the end of an audiobook by Anita Moorjaani entitled "Dying To Be Me" which is about her near-death experience. It is a marvelous book, by the way. Anyhow, she said something about when we are certain, we are locked into a belief system and are not open to alternative ideas. When we are uncertain, when we are willing to go "Into the Great Unknown," our possibilities are endless. So in this year of doubt and uncertainty, I am already in the space that I have been seeking! Who knew? Obviously, my celestial song team did.

GS: The unknown is a vast expanse of possibilities. When you step out of your head and into your heart, you open up access to these possibilities through your relinquishment of a certain mind. The heart can guide you through a field of choices to the one that suits you best at any given moment. The mind, when confronted by so many choices, tends to freak out and stall. Which one is best? Which one to I want? What if something better comes along? The mind has no way of knowing such things which is why the mind makes such a poor driver. The heart can feel her way through by picking the choices that appeal, that feel right though there is no head logic to support these feelings. The more you allow your head to take the backseat, the easier it will be to let the heart steer your course and make the choices that are the exact perfect fit for any given moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment