Friday, September 7, 2012

Simple But Profound

Sometimes the simple things are the most profound. For much of my life, I have always felt separated from love. I could feel great love for dear friends and family but never really felt the love coming back to me. One of my goals this year has been to open to receive love and to live my days from the impulses of my open heart. Yesterday, I had a revelation. I still think about my dear friend Mark who passed in December 2010. He is in my thoughts every day and I wear his most treasured ring every day in remembrance. Mark and I had a unique relationship and he always inspired in me deep feelings of love and devotion. Thinking of him now brings those feelings up in me even now and the love I held for him has not diminished. I like to think he is my angel and around me in spirit and supporting my life’s endeavors So I was thinking about him yesterday, how much I loved him and knowing he loved me too even if I didn’t feel that as clearly. And it occurred to me that this feeling I felt for him is true love, unconditional love, and while I have always directed it to Mark, I could turn its direction inward and fill myself up with this love as well. Then I felt a warm glow inside my heart and knew that my message was received. I can love myself. I can send myself this deep profound love that I feel and fill myself with it. It feels like someone (that would be me) turned on a switch and there is a light on inside me now. It feels really good. Try it, you might like it as well.

GS: This is a most miraculous occurrence. You finally realize what has been in your power all along. Kind of like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. You have had the power to return home with you at all times but just didn’t realize it. Bask in this feeling of awakened love inside of you. This will allow you to look at everything around you with a new perspective. This will allow you to no longer be afraid and needing to fill a misperceived hole inside. You have no need to operate out of lack. You are whole and complete as you are. It simply takes a shift in awareness, a change in perspective, to bloom into the true nature of who you are. Let love fill and bubble up and spill out into the world. The world, and you, will both be the better for it. Blessed be.

1 comment:

  1. That light shines right through this post. I'm basking in the radiance.

    ReplyDelete